Go HERE to buy the print in our header!
Art by Cody James Houle
Skills for Safer Living
"An Intervention for 18-30 year olds with suicide attempts"
National Aboriginal Housing Association
Ontario Works- Financial Assistance
99 Regina St S
Waterloo, Ontario N2G 4G6
Phone: (519) 883-2100
TTY: (519) 575-4608
Fax: (519) 883-2331
Maintenance Request Form
For any repairs or damages please download, fill out, and send this form to KW Urban Native Housing. There are 3 ways of handing in the Maintenance Request Form:
Aboriginal Services, Conestoga College
Room: 1A103; 299 Doon Valley Drive,
Kitchener, Ontario N2G 4M4
Phone: (519) 748-5220 ext. 2470 or 2251
Fax: (519) 748-3507
- Provide counselling/advisement for academic, career, and personal concerns
- Provide Student Services including: information about local Aboriginal resources and events, scholarships, bursaries, cultural education, and awareness.
Aboriginal Education Centre, University of Waterloo
St Paul's United College at the University of Waterloo
Westmount Road North, Waterloo
Phone: (519) 885-1460 ext. 220
Fax: (519) 885-6364
- Provide student services including: admission advocacy, academic and personal counselling, scholarship and bursary information, cultural events and programming, Aboriginal Student Association, career planning, and Aboriginal Cultural awareness training
Aboriginal Resource Centre, University of Guelph
Room: 102; 620 Gordon Street, Federal Building, University of Guelph, Guelph, Ontario N1G 2W1
Phone: (519) 824-4120 ext. 58704
Fax: (519) 827-0432
- Provide admissions, advising, Aboriginal community outreach and recruitment, orientation, bursary and scholarship information, cultural and traditional programming, Aboriginal student advising and support.
Anishnabeg Outreach Employment & Training
236 Woodhaven Rd, Kitchener, ON N2C 1V5
Phone: (519) 208-5333
Fax: (519) 742-0867
11A Suffolk Street East, Guelph, Ontario N1H 2H7
Phone: (519) 763-5292
Fax: (519) 763-1335
- Employment counselling, resume and cover letter assistance, job postings, job search workshops, funding to obtain training opportunities, resource library, community information, advocacy, Native newsletters, daily newspapers, telephone, photocopier, fax, computer and internet access.
White Owl Native Ancestry Association
65 Hanson Ave, Kitchener, ON N2C 2H6
Phone: (519) 743-4397 ext. 2798
Fax: (519) 743-8769
- Resource and drop-in center for both native and non-Native people in the community
- Provide workshops on legal issues, nutrition, prenatal care, budgeting and life skills as well as provide a cultural outlet for their members
by selling bead work, carvings, and leather work.
Healing of the Seven Generations
300 Frederick St, Kitchener, ON N2H 2N5
Phone: (519) 570-9118
Fax: (519) 570-9301
Donna Dubie, Executive Director
- Works with all Indigenous people and
community members in the area.
- Will assist those individuals who are suffering from any effects of the Legacy of the Residential Schools (including Inter-generational impacts such as: growing up in dysfunctional families, emotional, physical, and sexual abuse, poor self-esteem, loss of culture, lack of awareness of cultural identity, teachings, values and traditions, poor self-image, self image as an Indigenous person, and addictions)
Ahwenehaode - Indigenous Justice Program
Unit 101 450 Frederick St Kitchener, ON N2H 2P5
-Serving the Region of Waterloo through Waterloo Region Community Legal Services, Guelph and Wellington County through Legal Clinic of Guelph and Wellington County, and the City of Mississauga through Mississauga Community Legal Services.
-Improve access to justice for First Nation, Metis and Inuit people by collaborating with Indigenous social agencies and networks to build relationships and trust